When a former mutual pal launched me to PR/influencer/occasions technique agency Le Mind founder Alex Dickerson a couple of years in the past, I used to be actually not out there for brand spanking new woman pals. This dance card is FULL. However Alex’s fast wit, encyclopedic film/track quote information and normal life savviness gained her a spot on my varsity squad. She additionally introduced me kicking and screaming into the cult of Tracy Anderson, and now I don’t understand how I lived with out these diabolical, but scarily efficient routines, which we affectionally seek advice from as mission NewSkel, as in a brand new skeleton you’ll have when you make investments the time and power. Extra on Tracy in a separate put up. Right here, Alex shares her 5 guidelines and a bunch of bonus ones that I believed have been so good, I stored ’em in. I realized rather a lot from these and hope you’ll, too. With out additional ado, Alex’s 5 Guidelines For Life.
- Be good to everybody you’re employed with or meet professionally, it doesn’t matter what your title is or theirs. At this time’s intern is tomorrow’s trend director, and in case you are variety, real and respectful, it’ll get you far!
- For those who’re going to do one thing dangerous, do it with somebody necessary! Approach simpler to get out of issues when you’ve gotten an influential partner-in-crime.
- All the time be genuine and take accountability in your actions and most significantly in your errors. Everybody is aware of when you’re attempting to go the blame or sidestep taking the autumn for one thing, even when they don’t name you out on it. You’ll earn far more respect by standing up and saying “, I screwed this up and right here is why and I’m sorry, here’s what I’ll do to treatment the scenario.”
- Put money into your mates. Boyfriends might come and go, however your mates will at all times be there to assist you and drink martinis and vent. So many people can lose contact with our pals resulting from work, dates, and so on, however on the finish of the day, your mates ought to at all times be entrance and heart in your life.
- If you need to ask somebody if he/she thinks it is best to ship that textual content or e-mail, then you definately already know the reply, and it’s NO. Every time we do this we’re 99% of the time simply in search of validation on dangerous determination making. Sub rule to this: don’t drink and textual content. Ever.
- When touring, don’t ever assume you’re the one one within the restaurant/bar/taxi that speaks your language. A pal and I as soon as sat and gossiped about each single individual within the bar we have been in, in Barcelona, and it seems the couple subsequent to us spoke good English. They tell us that on their method out…it wasn’t fairly.
- Silence speaks volumes. Take that beat in between receiving data and reacting – I can depend on one hand the time I want I HAD stated one thing vs. the jazz hand variety of occasions I want I HADN’T.
- For those who act like you’ve gotten permission to do one thing, individuals will routinely assume you do and allow you to get away with it. In highschool we weren’t allowed to have automobiles – I went to boarding faculty. So most of us would have unlawful automobiles and park them within the procuring heart down the road. What did I do? I parked mine within the college lot and would jauntily go to it and drive round campus waving at lecturers. I by no means received in bother.
- It’s alright to have wants. Categorical them, fearlessly. However it’s as much as you to deal, when these wants aren’t met – so in the event you inform a person you want one thing in a relationship, and also you don’t get it, the onus is on you to get the H out of dodge.
Thanks, Alex! Keep tuned for extra 5 Guidelines installments.
“5 Guidelines,” is a sequence on Rouge18 by which I ask others to share their 5 guidelines for all times about something and every part. You possibly can study rather a lot about an individual by studying which 5 issues govern their actions, no?