I’ve a Hermes Lipstick Haul to share as we speak! The launch of three new limited-edition colours mixed with quite a few messages about this method pushed me over the sting to splurge on these lipsticks. After in depth testing I’ve a assessment and swatches of the Rouge Hermes Lipsticks in three formulation: Satin, Lip Shine and Matte. I ordered all of those sight unseen and am very proud of all the colours I picked.
The Rouge Hermes Lipstick retails for $67 every within the US, nevertheless the brand new limited-edition shades for fall are priced at $72. The lipsticks are refillable and the refills can be found on the Hermes web site and shops. Every lipstick is cased in a vivid orange field and mini canvas-like pouch.
Many of the colours I purchased far exceeded my expectations. The colours are actually fairly, method is comfy and light-weight in really feel. To me these are unscented however I put them near my nostril and might odor a tiny little bit of sweetness however it’s actually refined – I didn’t discover something once I utilized them. Lasting energy is fairly good too! I like the easy and modern packaging.
I purchased 7 shades complete in Rose Ombre (satin), Rose Pommette (satin), Rose Nuit (matte), Poppy Lip Shine, Rose Boise (matte), Rose Encens (satin), Beige Tadelakt (satin).
Swatched beneath, Rose Nuit and Rose Boise look comparable on my arm. Rose Ombre and Rose Encens are also shut. The distinction is extra noticeable on the lips (scroll down for face images).
Rouge Hermes Fall 2020 Shades
I believe the three colours for fall are the stand outs for me. They’re priced larger than the colours within the common lineup and have completely different coloured bases for the packaging:
- Rose Ombre (Satin Lipstick) is the prettiest mushy pink with a touch of mauve tones, it’s very wearable although it pulls extra cool-toned, I want they might make this one everlasting. It’s an excellent flattering pure rose coloration with medium protection.
- Rose Pommette (Satin Lipstick) is a brighter rose pink, method has a refined sheen to the end.
- Rose Nuit (Matte Lipstick) is a velvety heat pink. It’s each muted and vivid on the similar time on my pores and skin.
The satin method feels easy and like second pores and skin. They’ve a slight sheen to the end and make the lips appear like they’ve somewhat gloss/shine to them. The matte within the fall assortment has a light-weight really feel to it however has full protection. It glides on seamlessly and has good lasting energy.
Fall colours on me, additionally carrying the Cle de Peau Radiant Fluid Basis Matte in O40 and Hourglass Mini Unlocked Sculpture Palette.
Impartial Satin and Matte
From the common lineup:
- Beige Tadelakt (Satin Lipstick) is a peachy mushy coral impartial, it’s a creamy heat coloration that’s vivid however not too vivid.
- Rose Encens (Satin Lipstick) is a mushy muted pink, it’s just like Rose Ombre on my pores and skin, the distinction is Rose Encens is extra impartial and hotter in coloration whereas the autumn Rose Ombre pulls extra mauve/cool.
- Rose Boise (Matte Lipstick) is a medium rosewood, this pulls darker and cooler on the pores and skin than Rose Nuit although the arm swatches look shut. For me this one had somewhat little bit of texture within the tube, on the lips it’s nonetheless a light-weight easy matte, I felt the autumn matte method felt quite a bit higher than this one.
Poppy Lip Shine
Final however not least is a have a look at the Poppy Lip Shine. This one was offered out for ages and when it popped again on-line I ordered it instantly. It’s a vivid orange within the tube however on my lips it goes on clear with shimmer. A part of me thinks that is an overpriced shine lipstick with shimmer particles. One other a part of me loves the way it feels lush and semi thick on the lips. The feel is easy even with the shimmer, I don’t really feel any particles or glitter. It does go away a noticeable shine with the shimmer however it’s not excessive. I prefer it! I simply don’t know that I believe it’s tremendous particular or definitely worth the worth.
That wraps up my Hermes Lipstick assessment! As a lot of you have got messaged me I do assume these are lovely and splurge-worthy. I truly thought I had ordered a pair brighter shades and one of many reds, however within the means of transferring issues round in my cart it appears I ended up with all neutral-ish shades. Each coloration labored for me. If I had been in a position to see them in particular person I’d have skipped Rose Boise and the Poppy Lip Shine, though I do assume they’re beautiful. I just like the refill idea – I do want that the autumn colours weren’t restricted although, I believe they’re the prettiest ones they’ve launched!
If I needed to decide my high three, it will be Rose Ombre, Rose Nuit and Beige Tadelakt.
I ordered my lipsticks from Nordstrom and Hermes. Additionally obtainable at Saks Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdales. Have you ever tried any of those but? What did you assume?